Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Rocky's first Minecraft Challenge...

In Term 3 a whole group of kids from Papatūānuku went into a game called Minecraft.  If you don't know Minecraft is a game where you can play Survival and Creative modes.

We used Creative mode to built an outdoor area and a wetlands in the red zone.  The red zone is were people's homes got broken from the earthquakes.

We Built lots of native animals in the wetlands.

We had to plan our red zone on paper.  After two days we got into Minecraft and  got to work!

The fist bit we built was the wetlands.  The made native birds in wetlands and we did lots of different soil on the ground.  Lots of trees, ferns and flowers.  We had an information centre and had information about the Wetlands and posters that featured around the Wetlands.

Straight away we moved on to the outdoor bit.  The outdoor bit had a playground, a sandpit and a water park.

We decided to do that because of the people's houses that got destroyed and the other reason was we wanted a place people could enjoy.







2 comments:

  1. Hey Rocky that looks like a fantastic project. Really cool you built the wetlands and all the stuff. I wish you could build me so I could be in your project too that would be awesome. Love you Grandad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rocky!!! Your mindcraft project was AMAZING!!!! I really liked how you thought about how people lost their homes and put a playground in to make people happy again. I didn't know that you could make such a nice thing from MINECRAFT. X

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.